La Verticale AME (Africa-Mediterranean-Europa) Foundation is organizing on Tuesday September 28, from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (Paris time) an international webinar on the theme “Africa-Europe: The role of SSEZs, Special Secure Economic Zones, in the acceleration of co-development. ” It will see the participation of high level personalities from both continents.
The recent report “The role of the SSEZs, Special Secured Economic Zones, in the acceleration of co-development”, written by Paulette Pommier under the direction of Jean-Louis Guigou and published last July at the initiative of La Verticale AME Foundation, in cooperation with Ipemed and AEZO, will serve as the basis for the work of the webinar, which will consist of two round tables.
The first round table will focus on the assessment of the SEZs (Special Economic Zones) as they exist to date in Africa, mainly as a result of Chinese initiatives.
The second round table will seek to highlight the new possibilities and the increased efficiency of a revisited model, to be co-constructed together by Europe and Africa, in order to accelerate a very much needed co-development.
Among the many personalities expected and already confirmed to date include:
– Moulay Hafid EL ALAMY, Moroccan Minister of Industry, Trade, Green and Digital Economy
– Jean-Louis GUIGOU, Founder of Ipemed (Institute for Economic Prospective of the Mediterranean World) and of La Verticale AME (Africa-Mediterranean-Europa) Foundation
– Mubarak LÔ, Director General of the Economic Foresight Office of the Government of Senegal
– Fouad BRINI, President of the Tanger Med Group
– Ahmed BENNIS, AEZO General Secretary
– Patrick PLANE, Economist, research director at FERDI
… this list will be updated according to new confirmations of participation from prospective panelists, including a personality from the European Commission, as well as representatives of companies and important entities involved in cooperation with Africa (Bpifrance, Meridiam, Onudi, Unctad, African Union…).
Tuesday, September 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Paris Time)
Webinar “The Role of SSEZs in accelerating
Europe-Africa co-development ”